LOCATION: Center for Innovation, Wasco, CA
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The marketing department is responsible for promoting Sun World’s global business and fruit brands. One of the key pillars is Sun World’s variety development and research program, located at the Center for Innovation in Wasco, California in the heart of San Joaquin Valley’s agriculture production region. The breeding and research focus on fast-moving technology and developing the next generation of fruit genetics to meet grower challenges and consumer expectations. It is the responsibility of marketing department to communicate these efforts and introduce the flavorful varieties to others in the value chain. At Sun World you are part of a team that values passion, respect, initiative, courage, and leadership to envision and create the future.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting the Senior Marketing Manager to promote Sun World, the Center for Innovation, its variety development and research program, and their exciting new table grape and stone fruit varieties
REPORTS TO: Senior Marketing Manager
WORK WITH: Sun World Marketers, Breeders, Chief Science Officer, Field Managers
HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
DURATION: June – September
- Capture behind the scenes video and photo content of Sun World’s table grape and stone fruit varieties at Sun World’s Center for Innovation
- Edit photo and video content to be utilized for Sun World’s social media platforms
- Help with the planning and hosting of international marketing events.
- Assist Sun World’s breeding team with marketing activities and materials
- Assist with daily administrative duties.
- Assist with distributing Sun World’s promising table grapes to leading retailers around the world and collect and summarize feedback.
- Work closely with Sun World’s Marketing Manager to improve Sun World’s brand footprint
- Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate course for marketing, communications, digital or similar field.
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and social media platforms.
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a passion for marketing.
- Some experience with photography and videography
- Outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Well organizing skills
- Previous experience working in a team would be advantageous
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Detailed orientated
The intern is regularly required to sit, use hands-to-finger, handle controls, and talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stop. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus, as well as work with a computer monitor and in the field.
For more information or to apply please send your resume to djoubert@sun world.com
Sun World International is a global fruit genetics and licensing company headquartered in Bakersfield, California. At the heart of Sun World’s business is a commitment to developing new fruit varieties that can be grown in a sustainable way and optimized for yield, flavor and appearance. Sun World works with an extended range of fruit crops: table grapes and stone fruit (plums, apricots, cherries, peaches and nectarines) with our sight to improve other fruit categories as well. At Sun World you are part of a global team that values passion, respect, leadership, initiative, courage and authenticity to envision and create the future.