LOCATION: Paarl, South Africa
ABOUT THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT
The marketing department is responsible for promoting Sun World’s corporate, stone fruit and table grape brands while strengthening the relationships with its stakeholders primarily through enhanced communications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Marketing Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Senior Marketing Manager with the coordination of materials and activities to promote Sun World’s variety development, licensing business, and varietal brands globally while strengthening the relationships with its stakeholders primarily through enhanced communications.
REPORTS TO: Senior Marketing Manager
WORK WITH: Sun World Marketing, Licensing Team, Breeding Team, etc.
HOURS: Full-time for 6 months, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
- Strengthen the relationships with stakeholders primarily through enhanced and valuable communications.
- Assist with the planning, executing and promoting of international events.
- Design layout ideas, and identify ways to improve and maintain website content.
- Capture and edit photo and video content
- Design graphics including social media content, advertisements, illustrations, invitations, and more.
- With the help of the Marketing Manager, plan and manage Sun World’s social media platforms.
- Provide internal branding support to Sun World staff – presentations, flyers, calendars, photos.
- Develop newsletter and press releases
- Effectively manage daily administrative tasks
- Process invoicing and payments for marketing activities and monitor monthly expenses.
- Conduct monthly and yearly reports summarizing the performance of Sun World’s marketing efforts.
- Assist with organizing, executing, and summarizing feedback received from Sun World’s stakeholders.
- Respond to incoming customer inquiries.
- Communicate and identify potential vendors for the marketing department.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to function on Microsoft Office
- Strong design skills using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Canva, Mailchimp, and SurveyMonkey.
- Basic skills in photography and videography
- Adequate knowledge of website development and data analysis.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and a good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques
- Outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Be able to take initiative with a positive attitude.
The Marketing Assistant is regularly required to sit, use hands-to-finger, handle controls, and talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stop. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus, as well as work with a computer monitor and in the field. The Marketing Assistant may be required to travel domestically and internationally.
For more information or to apply please send your resume to email@example.com
Sun World International is a global fruit genetics and licensing company headquartered in Bakersfield, California. At the heart of Sun World’s business is a commitment to developing new fruit varieties that can be grown in a sustainable way and optimized for yield, flavor, and appearance. Sun World works with an extended range of fruit crops: table grapes and stone fruit (plums, apricots, cherries, peaches, and nectarines) with our sight to improve other fruit categories as well. At Sun World you are part of a global team that values passion, respect, leadership, initiative, courage and authenticity to envision and create the future.