Director, Information Technology
LOCATION: Bakersfield, California
Sun World International is a California-based agriculture and technology firm that was acquired in May 2021 by Bridgepoint, a major international alternative management fund asset group. Sun World is engaged in fruit variety development, technology, Intellectual Property, and licensing. Technology and IP pursuits include one of the world’s leading fruit breeding/genetics programs, a broad-based portfolio of plant patents and trademarks and investments in agriculture technology start-ups benefiting its global licensees. Licensing consists of sharing new proprietary stonefruit and table grape varieties, and the IP they comprise, with like-minded fruit growers and marketers in more than 15 countries around the world. The Company prizes creativity, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Its people strive for excellence by demonstrating leadership, passion, kindness, authenticity, courage, initiative, and curiosity.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Sun World is seeking a talented, high energy, hands-on IT professional, reporting to the CFO, to be accountable for the development and oversight of the information technology needed to support Sun World’s processes, and the strategies/objectives set by senior leadership. This includes the hiring and supervision of the organizations IT employees, ensuring all technology systems and applications are adequately supported, and managing the development of and compliance with governance policies required for the security and effectiveness of information technology within the company.
PERSONNEL SUPERVISED: IT Network and Application Support Personnel
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
HOURS: Full time, Monday-Friday working nights and weekends as needed
- Establishes the strategic direction of the company’s information technology and executes this strategy in collaboration with company leadership.
- Directs and coordinates professional services such as systems analysis and design, feasibility studies, and programming of information, communication, and office automation systems.
- Identifies and recommends modern technologies and services that will improve efficiency, processes, and operations; reviews requests for additional services and upgrades, assessing the costs and benefits to the organization.
- Ensures project execution is timely and within budget, while meeting business needs.
- Ensures the integrity and reliability of computerized information systems, communication systems, and office systems including the security of data acquired and stored.
- Maintains pace with technological progress, economic change, and company needs by directing continual improvements of IT staff, equipment, and procedures.
- Prepares, implements, and executes an IT budget.
- Establishes and maintains a solid security environment.
- Oversees the application environment which includes oversight of an Application Selection & Implementation Process, enforcement of a Change Management Process for all production systems, and adequate support for all applications in use.
- Proposes strategic solutions and recommends new systems and software to align with business objectives.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science, or related field (graduate degree a plus).
- Sound understanding of computer systems, networks, security, telecommunications, databases, and storage systems.
- Five years or more of hands-on application implementation experience.
- Five years or more of IT management experience in a high-tech or science-based environment.
- Led an ERP system implementation.
- Skilled at identifying, mining, and using data to assist management in decision making.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Working knowledge of recent developments in information technology and how they may improve organizational processes. A willingness to stay current on new developments. Examples would include process modernization/automation, AI, machine learning, robotic process automation, self-service capabilities, cloud technology, agile development, and IT self-service capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, supervisory, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A proven ability to think strategically and implement tactically
The position is regularly required to sit, use hands-to-finger, handle controls, and talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stop. Employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus, as well as work with a computer monitor.
For more information or to apply please send your resume to email@example.com