Courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation
Makes 5 Servings
Recipe appears courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation.
- 5 Small Potatoes, Peeled and Sliced
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- ½ Medium Onion, Minced
- 1 Small Zucchini, Sliced
- 1 ½ Cups Green/Red Peppers, Sliced Thin
- 5 Medium Mushrooms, Sliced
- 3 Whole Eggs, Beaten
- 5 Egg Whites, Beaten
- Pepper and Garlic Salt to Taste
- 3 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese, Fat Free, Shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F degrees.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- Spray a large pan with vegetable spray and warm on medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until brown.
- Add vegetables and sauté until tender.
- In a medium mixing bowl, slightly beat the eggs and egg white, pepper, garlic salt, and mozzarella cheese. Stir egg and cheese mixture into the cooked vegetables.
- Spray a 10-inch pie pan with vegetable spray. Transfer potatoes and egg mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until firm and brown on top.
Per Serving: 220 Calories, 3.5 grams of fat, 18 grams of protein, 31 grams of carbohydrates, 130 milligrams of cholesterol, 3 grams of dietary fiber, and 260 milligrams of sodium.