Enjoy grape juice as a refreshing, healthy drink
Making grape juice at home is an inexpensive, healthy alternative to buying it at the store. Plus, it’s a delicious way to enjoy the powerful antioxidants and other health benefits of grapes. And you’ll know there are no added preservatives or chemicals. There’s only one main ingredient (surprise: it’s grapes!), and the process is pretty straightforward after you get the hang of it. Give it a try using delicious black or red seedless grapes, and enjoy the most refreshing grape juice you’ve ever had.
In order to make grape juice, you’ll need the following items:
- Large Pot
- Potato masher
- Sieve or cheesecloth
- Pitcher or large container
- To start, choose your favorite kind of grapes to use (our Sun World favorites are grape juice made from sweet black or red seedless grapes)
- Remove the grapes from their their stems and place them into the colander or strainer
- Wash the grapes using cool, running water
- Pour the grapes into the large pot, and use the potato masher to crush the grapes and extract the juice
- Cook the grapes on medium heat (around 150°F) for around 10-15 minutes, reducing the heat further if the juice begins to boil
- Strain the juice over a pitcher or large container using either a sieve or cheesecloth
- Return the juice to the large pot, add sugar to taste, and reheat at medium temperature until the sugar has dissolved
- Pour the juice back into your container and refrigerate until cool. If you’d prefer to enjoy right away, pour over ice and serve immediately
- If you find your juice too sweet or strong, you can dilute with lemon juice, apple juice, or seltzer water for the perfect homemade beverage.
If you love grape juice but don’t have time to make it “the old-fashioned way”, we’ve got you covered! Check out our Simple Homemade Grape Juice recipe for a cooking-free version of this sweet treat.