This bite-size snack featuring sweet red grapes and toffee will appease the sweet tooth of kids and adults alike!
2 cups red seedless grapes
3/4 cup superfine sugar
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- Line two baking trays with wax paper.
- Insert a toothpick into the base of each grape.
- Spread the crushed peanuts around a shallow plate.
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Boil without stirring for five minutes or until the syrup turns golden. Use a pastry brush dipped in water to brush down the side of the saucepan to prevent the syrup from crystallizing.
- Remove from heat and allow bubbles to subside.
- Dip each grape into the toffee to coat. Then, dip the toffee covered grape into the crushed peanuts.
- Place dipped grapes on the lined trays to cool completely.
Tip: Peanut Allergy? Try substituting crushed pretzels for the peanut topping.