Makes 4 Servings
Green grapes, garlic and onion add a sweet and savory twist to traditional roasted chicken.
3 lb free-range chicken
1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
2 tsp. finely shopped thyme, plus extra springs for garnish
1 bunch green seedless grapes
1 bulb garlic, cloves separated
1/3 cup whole almonds, blanched
1 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse chicken inside and out and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine butter, paprika, mustard and thyme. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the mixture over the chicken, including the breast and underneath the skin. Tie legs together and place chicken on a wire rack in a roasting pan.
- Snip grapes into bunches of 8-10. Arrange grapes, whole garlic cloves and almonds around chicken. Pour the wine around the base of the chicken.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375°F and roast for another 60 minutes or until juices run clear. Let chicken rest in oven for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with sprigs of thyme.