Courtesy of Terri Greenwood
This Orzo & Grape Salad is perfect for a summer picnic or potluck, and makes an excellent side dish for lean proteins like chicken or poultry.
1 Cup Orzo (can use whole wheat)
2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
¼ Teaspoon Salt
¼ Teaspoon Pepper
2 cups Red Grapes (quartered or halved)
1/3 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Mint
2 Tablespoons Red Onion (finely chopped)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil.
- Add Orzo and cook until just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water until cool.
- While Orzo is cooking, whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add grapes, feta mint, onion and the rinsed Orzo to bowl.
- Toss to combine.