Courtesy of Sun World Employee Kimber Dupuy
Grapes, chocolate and coconut oil come together to create a bite-sized treat, paleo-friendly dessert or appetizer.
2 Cups Red Grapes
8 Ounces Dark, Semisweet or White Chocolate Chips
3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
Dried Coconut Shavings
- Rinse and dry your grapes, then freeze the grapes overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt together the chocolate and coconut oil. Remove from heat and stir for a minute or two until chocolate is smooth and warmed.
- One at a time, drop your grapes into your chocolate and lift out with a fork.
- Set onto the paper and sprinkle immediately with your choice of sprinkles, chopped nuts or coconut shavings.
- For smoothly-coated grapes all the way around, stick them on to the end of a toothpick and dip them into the chocolate, then sprinkle. Let them dry on the toothpick for a few seconds before placing them onto the paper.